Sunday 19 June 2011

Thames

Still a week behind...

After coming home early from Hinckley, I wasn't really 'feeling it' for Thames. I didn't go on the Saturday, instead taking the dogs out for a couple of hours with Laura... Scandal making us laugh with her stupid swimming antics. Once she has got over getting her feet wet she wants to have all the goes to get the toy, and swims like her life depends on it.

Of course it was pouring down on the Sunday of Thames. My asthma had been awful the night before and it had woken me up 4 or 5 times with me not being able to breathe... urrghhhh. I decided to give the 5-7 jumping a miss as it was first on and I wanted a lie in - saw the course and loved it, actually one of the nicest I have ever seen and would have loved to have run it, but in the wet, dogs were just slipping everywhere. Walked her G5 agility which again was lovely but I decided not to run it, really liked her Olympia Q... she was totally loopy for this, and it went jump jump, weaves... she missed her weave entry... great. We then did 2 more obstacles before I decided as she was completely tanking it, we would call it a day and not do any more obstacles - just not worth the risk.

On the plus side I have taught Scandal a trick. If you can even call it that. She goes through my legs and sits nicely. It is BRILLIANT! Nice calm focussed Scandal. However I think I need to train another trick as there are only so many times I can do that one in the queue!

Scandal's mum Ruby won the CC at this show, so now only needs one more before she is an Ag Ch :)

No comments: